The BIE is currently hiring teachers, administrators, counselors, psychologists, paraprofessionals, cooks, bus drivers, and other support staff, with a particular need for Elementary and Special Education teachers. For a current list of available jobs, visit www.bie.edu/Jobs. Preference in filling vacancies is given to qualified American Indian and Alaska Native candidates in accordance with the Indian Preference Act.
Qualifications for all BIE positions:
• Must be able to pass a Federal background check. This process can take several months. Job seekers are strongly encouraged to apply by the September 15 deadline for openings in the 2016-2017 school year in order to complete the background check.
• Authorized to work in the United States. US Citizenship required for BIE operated schools.
• Strong belief in the ability of all American Indian students to achieve at high levels.
• Knowledge and respect of tribal culture.
Requirements for teaching positions:
• Bachelor’s degree attained by August 1, 2016.
• Certification that matches the grade, subject, and state of the open position.
• Requirements vary by position type and school. Open individual vacancy announcements at www.bie.edu/Jobs for more details.
Salary and Benefits:
• BIE schools operated by the Federal government use the Federal pay scale and benefits.
• BIE-funded schools operated by tribes set their pay scales individually. View individual vacancy announcements at www.bie.edu/Jobs or salary details.
• The BIE will pay for National Board Certification training for teachers with three years of experience who are interested in pursuing NBC certification and will award financial bonuses and salary increases to individuals who obtain certification.
For a current list of job openings and to begin the application process, visit www.bie.edu/Jobs