The English Language Fellow Program is seeking experienced U.S. TESOL professionals to participate in paid teaching fellowships at universities and other academic institutions around the world. As participants in a U.S. Department of State public diplomacy initiative, Fellows are cultural ambassadors who enhance English language teaching capacity abroad and promote mutual understanding through cultural exchange.
Fellow projects are 10-month paid teaching assignments for professionals with a graduate degree in English language teaching and two years’ classroom TESOL experience. In return, the program provides professionals with a platform to build skills that can greatly enhance their TESOL careers. We are recruiting for approximately 100 projects beginning in September 2017.
Please review the eligibility requirements before applying. More detailed information regarding eligibility is available on the website.
• U.S. Citizenship
• Graduate degree in TESOL, applied linguistics, or a field related to English language teaching
• Two years’ classroom TESOL (ESL and/or EFL) experience
• Stipend: $30,000
• Living allowance (rent, utilities, local transportation, food)
• Dependents’ allowance
• Textbook and pre-departure allowances
• Supplementary health benefit plan
• Round trip airfare to the host country and back.
***APPLY NOW for 2017-2018 projects. The priority deadline is November 30. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until all projects have been filled. For more information and to apply, please visit our website at www.ELPrograms.org/fellow