Hello and welcome to UStalk, a rapidly-growing online English education provider. We are looking for talented teachers to join our team. Teach English Online!
Who We Are:
UStalk is a subsidiary of 17zuoye, a market leader in Chinese education technology with reach to over 25 million students across China. We are a Chinese project, under American management, with a team comprised of members from across the globe.
Our teachers are the core of our model, and we respect the unique approaches and experiences that each brings to our virtual classrooms. This allows us to combine consistent high-quality English education with individualized student-centered lessons.
What We Are Looking For:
• Native English speakers from the United States and Canada
• A passion for children’s education
• ESL teaching experience or a relevant teaching certification
• A college-level degree
• A stable internet connection and audio/visual equipment
What We Offer:
• The most competitive compensation package in our market
• A comprehensive teacher support network
• All relevant lesson content
• The ability to work from home on your own schedule
• Abundant opportunities for professional development
Our teachers teach both 1-on-1 lessons and workshops consisting of up to 6 students. All lessons are conducted through our online teaching platform which runs in Adobe Flash. The platform includes video windows for both the teacher and student, the lesson content, and other useful features and functions for teaching.
Our students range in ages from 5 to 12 and in language abilities from Beginner to Lower Intermediate. Because of these ranges, it is important for our teachers to be able to adapt their teaching styles accordingly.
Our curriculum and teaching materials are developed in collaboration with a leading educational consultancy. They are centered on communicative language teaching (CLT) and also include various key elements of early childhood education. Our most popular teachers use their personal connections with their students to tailor their lessons to those students’ individual needs.
Our company operates in Beijing Time (UTC +8). Beijing time is:
• 13 hours ahead of Eastern Daylight Time
• 14 hours ahead of Central Daylight Time
• 15 hours ahead of Mountain Daylight Time
• 16 hours ahead of Pacific Daylight Time
• 17 hours ahead of Hawaii Standard Time
Peak teaching hours on weekdays are 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM Beijing Time.
Peak teaching hours on weekends are 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM and 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM Beijing Time.
Teachers are asked to make themselves available for at least 5 hours each week during peak teaching hours. This small commitment, less than the market average, ensures that our teachers remain engaged and that our students can see their smiling faces on a regular basis.
Our Beijing office is open from 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM.
To apply, please send your CV and a brief self-introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also let us know how you heard about us!
Check us out on Facebook, Glassdoor, or LinkedIn!